Friday, September 09, 2005

I Give In

We've all been warned by our parents about succumbing to peer pressure when it comes to drugs, smoking, having sex, gambling, and other vices. One thing which never crossed mum and dad's mind would be a warning against succumbing to the peer pressure .... of blogging!

I find myself explaining once too often why I'm not updating my post. Plus every other day, I find that one or more friends or friends of friends or distant acquaintances whom I haven't met in a zillion years have a blog, and are blogging regularly about all the happening things in their lives. So, the conclusion is that if I don't blog = I lack an exciting life = loser. And certainly I do not want anyone to think I'm a loser. So here I am giving in to peer pressure, direct and indirect, by writing this post.

*Here, I take a pause to scratch my head to think up some exciting event to regale my dear readers with. Assuming the dear readers exist.*

Erm, ok. I shall talk about cars.

Mr crumbs was telling me lots about cars in the MRT yesterday. Flipping through a car magazine enthusiastically, here were a few words that cropped up during the conversation (or rather, monologue) Zonda, exhaust pipes, Porsche, ugly, Alfa, beautiful, some sort of gear shifts next to the steering wheel of which I forget the name.

Of course, by now, I can barely remember whether it was about ugly exhaust pipes on the Zonda, beautiful Porches, or gear shifts in an Alfa. That's the thing about cars. Any kind of talk about cars just goes right through my head. I have a car-conversation-absorbtion disability. So do not mention "car" in a sentence if you want me to remember the rest of it.

I quote the words of the wats-his-name-brit-full-of-dry-humour-car-reviewer (name also forgotten due to above-mentioned disability): step on the right pedal and the car goes faster. Step on the middle one and it starts to slow down. Turn the steering wheel and it goes left or right. Press a certain button and music floods the cabin.

Yes, that's all I ask for in a car.

This is the end of my maiden writing attempt on the subject of cars. Thank you, those of you who were patient enough to read till the end.

I'll be back when I once again succumb to peer pressure.

3 Comments:

At 2:34 AM, Blogger mr crumbs said...

I'll be happy to provide pressure if you need it. Its a gd thing you didnt mention ugly and Alfa in the same sentence, or else...

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger XY said...

Oh I like this car conversation absorption disability! Jason loves to feed me car information. I told him the only thing I care about is the colour. No canary yellow cars please. My eyes and ears glaze over when I see or hear numbers.

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger recharging said...

xy: yes yes...after two rallies and you cannot even remember which is which. and to think of all the different cars i chucked you into to help you get a better impression of them. oh well..at least i am still the one and only boss in the logistics and IT department.

kopiqueen: you turn the wheel left and it doesn't only go left. there is a certain way to turn it to achieve the ideal left...or shift the gears...

mr crumbs: go check out the new Alfa 159.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home